SUBSCRIBE TO THE FREE "BUILD YOUR LEGAL PRACTICE" E-ZINE
More than ever before, success in legal practice is determined by your ability to attract and keep clients. Lawyers who bring business into the firm get paid more, are promoted more quickly and are less likely to lose their jobs when the economy declines.
By building your practice you’re boosting your legal career.
The market has become much more competitive and “doing good work” is no longer a sufficient marketing strategy. In my experience, many lawyers gravely underestimate the importance of being a business-getter, or think it’s too hard. They often say “But I’m no good at marketing”. Often what they really mean is - "I don't like marketing".
Marketing is not hard – if you find the right approach for you. Most lawyers are not natural “rainmakers”. Lawyers who are good at it simply learn and apply the skills they need. There’s a lot that you can learn, and it will make the task of marketing your legal services a lot easier.
"Build Your Legal Practice" offers ideas and insights in ten areas that will help you to have a more successful and satisfying legal career:
- Start with a strategy - plan the future direction of your legal practice.
- Set goals - establish and follow a plan for success.
- Be productive - make the best use of your time.
- Think innovatively - find new ways to serve your clients.
- Build your network - increase the number of people who know what you do.
- Connect with your market - see the world through the eyes of your clients.
- Know what you know - utilize the unique wisdom that you have to offer.
- Publish your expertise - showcase the value you can offer.
- Present with impact - be the most interesting speaker on the seminar program.
- Develop your team - build their skills so you can build your practice