- Do you feel "stuck"?
- Has your career stalled or gone stale?
- Can't get your career started?
- Moving to Adelaide from interstate or overseas?
- Haven't seen any ads for jobs you want?
- Not sure which way to go in your career?
- Do you know where you want to go but are not sure how to get there?
Or do you just need someone to talk to? Someone who understands the challenges of working in the legal profession and how to succeed in it?
LEGAL CIRCLES CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR CAREER GOALS IN THE LEGAL WORLD.
Our confidential Legal Careers Mentoring Service will help you identify new ways to progress in your career. And because we're completely independent, you can raise any issues that you need to discuss; issues that you might not want to talk about in a job interview.
YOU'VE STUDIED AND WORKED HARD - YOU DESERVE TO HAVE A WELL-PAID AND FULFILLING CAREER.
The Legal Careers Mentoring Service will help you proactively plan and manage your career. Whether you're a student seeking a clerkship, a new graduate, have a few years' experience or are a senior lawyer, we can help you achieve your career aspirations.
YOU'LL LEARN VALUABLE CAREER SKILLS THAT WILL SERVE YOU FOR LIFE! FOR EXAMPLE:
- What employers REALLY want
- What YOU really want
- How to ACE your interview
- How to use what you've GOT to get what you WANT!
We focus on YOUR case. We look at what YOU uniquely can offer an employer, how you can best communicate that, and how you can create opportunities for yourself, instead of simply reacting to what's advertised (or not advertised).
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Book your consultation.
- Email your draft resume to Legal Circles, with a couple of paragraphs about your aspirations and any particular issues you would like us to discuss.
- Attend your consultation with pen and paper so you can note down ideas and action items.
- Do any "homework" that you are advised to do.
- Some follow-up advice can often be included in the price of your session.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE YOUR SESSION? HERE ARE SOME IDEAS:
The Right Legal Career for You
Wondering which field of law to pursue? With thirty years' experience in the legal profession, we can advise you on your options in the legal job market, and help you identify the best fields for you.
Improve your Resume
Does your resume do justice to what you have to offer? Does it communicate what's different and special about you? We can help you make a bigger impact with your resume and the all-important cover letter.
Access the Hidden Job Market
Many job opportunities are never advertised. Vacancies are filled by word of mouth, and sometimes are even created especially for a promising applicant. We can help you to plan your independent job search, identify possible career directions, find opportunities through networking and know what to say about yourself when making a direct approach to potential employers.
Meet the Selection Criteria
Have you just seen your dream job advertised? Baffled by complex selection criteria? We can guide you through the maze and help you produce an application that hits the spot.
Boost your Interview Skills
Got an interview at last? Make the most of the opportunity - don’t do your practising on the real thing! Book a simulated interview. We'll give you honest feedback and advise you how to improve your performance and prepare yourself for the big day. Follow-up sessions are available to debrief and learn from your interview experiences, and improve for next time!